Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

My Take on Weiner

Okay, I can't take it anymore.
I've heard both sides on the debate on whether or not Rep. Anthony Weiner should resign and heres what I think.

I think he should serve out his term and retire from public office and here's why.

While there has been no definitive proof that he was using government property or pursuing these activities on government time, he has definitely shown a marked lack of judgement and an inability to foresee the consequences of his actions. And if he did understand the impact his actions would have then there is definitely some sense of invincibility or being above any accountability for what he did.

Therefore, I don't see where there would be any reason to have him step down but also do not see any reason to reelect someone who will not see that his personal action can and should influence the opinions of those he was elected to serve.

And that's My 25 cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment